Wednesday, July 2, 2014

WILW: ReStore HFH, Broccoli Salad, and Young House Love


1) Crafting Supplies 

Restore by Habitat for Humanity


What a great store! It is full of spare parts you could use to make repairs or build things in your house. It's like Goodwill for homeowners! The parts are all dropped off donations and all proceeds go to a good cause. 

As a crafter, I fell in love with this store this past weekend. So many creative ideas for projects flew through my mind while I walked through the place, a couple times. 

If you joined me yesterday for the DIY 4th of July Decor you actually saw some of my great finds! The shutter was $5, the cabinet door used for a sign was $4, and the wood for the fireworks was a mere $1.25. No too shabby for durable wood pieces.

To find the closest location to you, just google Restore Habitat for Humanity. The great thing about it is every store will have completely different supplies available! I can't wait to go back. 


2) Everyday Living

Broccoli Salad
(It's the best! Trust me, I'm a picky eater.)


3 heads of sliced broccoli
1 cup of dried cranberries
1 cup of sunflower seeds
1 package of bacon, cooked and cut in small pieces
Mixed together and added last:
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp. red wine vinegar 

3) Reading or Blogging

Young House Love


I LOVE this book!!
It is full of super easy crafts and projects to spruce up your house (for cheap) to make it truly yours. It also makes a great house warming gift!
There were some ideas in here that I have seen before, but it only reminded me of projects that I need to get finished... like using fabric to upgrade the backboard of a bookshelf. Check out their blog if you want even more ideas or backstory. 

See you tomorrow!

Creatively Yours, 
Audra


No comments:

Post a Comment