Friday, May 11, 2012

Power of Positive Thinking

In addition to the Happiness is a Choice Wednesday night Bible study, I have found a lot of positive encouragement in some very unexpected places.

Starting with a book by a Jersey Shore cast member:



Weird, I know, right? I have been extremely surprised with the good stuff in his book so far. He has some great ideas that work for him, all based around the idea that you are in control of your thinking. It's started off with listed the negative thoughts you have throughout the day and how to turn those around into postive thoughts. Also, when you get stressed just stop, close your eyes, and listen to whats going on around you. I've only had these tools under my belt for a day, but it has helped already. I always knew Vinny was my favorite guido! :)

I was also looking for a free e-mailing daily devotion for singles when I came across the one from the author of this book (which I have not read yet):


Today's devotion was all about it's all in God's timing, which is something I need to really work on embracing. I wanted to find a devotion for singles because I find a lot of others have been mixed in with the roles of being a mother and wife, and obviously I'm not there yet. I wanted a message that I would get something out of each day, and not just here and there. I look forward to these e-mails each and everyday.

Little bit of happiness: Another good night watching the softball girls mercy rule yet another team with plenty of homers. I did get pegged by a foul ball, but I was just glad it hit me instead of my friend and her kiddos in front of me! This big ole thigh can take it. :)

Daily quote: Be where you are, not where you think you should be.
Cheers to Happiness,

Audra

No comments:

Post a Comment