Wednesday, February 1, 2012

In the Month of February

Once again, at the beginning of each month I choose a different "area of life" to focus on. For February I will use my positive energy towards....
WORK!!

My first set of guidelines for WORK will be:
1. Get Clean:
- keep my desk cleared off
- check students' desk on Friday
- keep room dusted and clean
- get rid of the clutter
2. Get Organized:
- get classroom website and newsletter set up
- AR books labeled
- files and folders
- put like resources together
3. New Strategies:
- reciprocal teaching
- flip-chart and pocket chart
- clickers
- Mimeo
4. Using Time:
- planning periods for grading
- study hall for extra tutoring and make-up
- stay til 4 PM for lesson planning and new ideas 
- get ready for the day at 7 AM
5. Put Fun in Learning:
- educational games
- learning projects
- Boggle board
- brain breaks

Little bit of happiness: Before my night class this evening I stopped at the library. As I was walking up to the door I heard a patter of tiny feet and a little bell sound. I looked down behind me and there was this Chihuahua type dog looking up at me. I reached down to pick it up and found the number on its tag. The girl that came to get her was very thankful. I hope it was one of those Pay It Forward moments... although good luck to the person whoever tries to catch my dog.

Daily quote: "The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."
-Jimmy Johnson 

Cheers to Happiness,
Audra

No comments:

Post a Comment