Monday, February 20, 2012

Planning the Oasis Room

To me, one of the best parts of doing something new is the planning before hand. Whether it's lists or drawings I like to make decisions on paper before getting started. Today I did some doodles of what I would like to do upstairs in the Oasis Room. This could actually take several months because of all of the different time consuming art projects and the little money I will have have to spend here and there. I hope to have this done by the end of summer.


This is the right wall after you walk up to the loft.
Going to be pretty simple.
The canvases will be essentially one painting split up in yellow, green, and blue to be a picture of a dandelion and floating seeds.
The dog rug will be made out of old t-shirts in the color scheme of the room and obviously for Emerald, she loves it up there already!


This is the wall across from the stairs.
The wall will be painted the same grey that's on my bedroom and bathroom walls.
On the right side I will have my craft table and all my creative supplies in totes or organizers.
With the "creativity zone" splash from UpperCase Living.
In the middle, hanging in front of the window, I would like to figure out how to hang my green hanging chair.
On the other side, I will hang a whiteboard, shelf with Pounds to Go jars, and the scale underneath to show my journey to lose weight.


On the left wall there is some exciting stuff going on.
I will be turning an old book case over and turning it into an entertainment center using batting and fabric.
Inside the shelfs I will use glass blocks with fake grasses and flowers with UpperCase Living words. In the other section I will be making faux porcelian vases with glass vases, puff paint, and spray paint.
On the top will go the repurposed lamps and a small TV to use with my yoga and pilates workout videos.
Underneath the window will hang my vase garland and another UpperCase Living decoration.
Then on the left I will come up with a reading corner. I need a cheap way to get a large beanbag or cushion to go with perfect continent pillows.


On the far wall there is the reading nook again.
Above it will hang a scratch off map to show where I have traveled with an etched glass UpperCase Living saying.
Yes, the tree will stay in the window area there because it just won't fit anywhere else!


This is the other side of the staircase.
Keep Calm and Carry on mirror that I will be painting the frame for.
On the back of that wall is the built in bookshelf, and then the bathroom.

I AM SOOOO EXCITED FOR THIS!!! :) I will need time and patience to see this project through.

Little bit of happiness: Introduced the clicker systems to the kiddos today, and man, did they love it!

Daily quote: "If you wait until you have enough money to decorate and make your home your own it will never happen. If you wait until you can afford to buy everything new you are missing the point. It is the old, the new, the made, the hand-me-down, the collected, the worn (but loved) things in your home that make it your own." -Stacy Risenmay

Cheers to Happiness,
Audra

No comments:

Post a Comment