Thursday, January 5, 2012

Clean Up, Clean Up...

Life is much less stressful when you don't have a dirty house to come home to. But I'm not going to lie, I hate cleaning and I tend to procrastinate when there is something I don't want to do. Therefore cleaning by far gets put on the backburner until I need to spend an entire day cleaning. Gross. So one of my ideas to help get my house cleaner and less stressful on me was to create a rotating cleaning schedule. It covers two weeks and there is also monthly tasks to get done. I am going to make a nice, laminated chart to put on my refrigerator and keep track every day. Hopefully doing one little task weekday will help me out and it starts next Monday!

Monday: Floors
Tuesday: Dust
Wednesday: Towels and Trash
Thursday: Kitchen
Friday: Couches

Monday: Dog
Tuesday: Glass
Wednesday: Bedding and Trash
Thursday: Bathroom
Friday: Catch-up Day

Monthly: Car, fridge, comforter, base boards, windows, yard

I also signed up to recieve weekly e-mails from Home Storage Solution 101. They have a 52 week home organization and cleaning challenge. Each week they send a task and many helpful hints. I'm thinking this will be great for me! I am starting this next week so I will have 2 weeks in one, but they are both in the kitchen so it won't be that bad.

I also need to get started on cleaning out closets and getting rid of the clutter! I'm looking forward to a little less baggage, but I know it is going to take A LOT of work! Here goes nothing.

Little bit of happiness: One of my students came in this morning so extremely excited to have me try his deer sausage. It was very uplifting to see how much joy that little guy had, and so early in the morning! Great reminder about the little things bringing you so much happiness. And yes, the deer sausage was AMAZING!!

Daily quote: If you're always racing to the next moment, what happens to the one you're in? Enjoy the ride. 
 
Cheers to Happiness,
Audra

No comments:

Post a Comment