Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dadgum Autocorrect

Ever had the autocorrect on your phone go waaaay wrong? I have, but luckily I catch it in time, usually. Here are some that didn't get caught in time. (Warning, I was laughing so hard I was crying reading some of these! Cool, I know):







PHOTOS OF WEEK ELEVEN:


March 11th: Barnes and Noble and new Stunna Shades!


March 12th: While at my parents I picked up some of my favorite art pieces I did in high school. The dog is ink and oil paint, the parrot is acrylics, and the baboon is oil pastels. The monkey scared the crud out of my parents' dog at the time, haha.


March 13th: This was my first sculpture, and also my favorite. I had sketched it out on a paper table cloth at Macaroni Grill during a field trip and then went to work one stressful weekend.


March 14th: Jodi Picoult signing my copy of Lone Wolf! Amazing day!


March 15th: My loot from Sephora (Kat Von D makeup and Kate Walsh's perfume) and my first use of the eyeshadow.


March 16th: Started Herbalife today, which my brother sells. I'm not a fan of mint chocolate, but I am pleasantly surprised that the shake isn't bad at all.


March 17th: I found a recipe to make SoLong's Raspberry Chipotle Bean Dip so I took it to the St. Patty's Party... I liked it!

Day 17 of 23 Days of Frugal Living: Redefining Our Wants vs. Our Needs
Being a part of the Western world, most of have everything we could ever need, or want. The blog states that the following are universal needs:
  • food
  • clean water
  • shelter from the elements
  • intimate relationships
  • participation in a community
  • recreation/leisure
  • the ability to create
  • insight into self
  • freedom
They also use Donella Meadows views from her book Beyond the Limits to help redefine your wants vs. your needs.
  1. You don’t need a bigger house or car, you need respect.
  2. You don’t need the newest cosmetics, you need to feel attractive.
  3. You don’t need a closet full of clothes, your need variety and beauty.
  4. You don’t need electronics (i.e. TV’s, gaming systems, stuff with apple logos, etc.), you need something worthwhile to do with your life.
  5. You dont’ need material things, you need identity, community, challenge, acknowledgement, love, and joy.
So basically, what are those things that you are wanting fulfilling the need of?

Little bit of happiness: Just another great, simple day before heading back to work tomorrow. Slept in. Read. Arts and crafts. Won our first volleyball game! :)
Daily quote: "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." -Vernon Howard
Cheers to Happiness,
Audra

No comments:

Post a Comment