Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Voice

While getting other things done around the house I watched my DVRed episode's of the voice. I just wanted to share Nicolle Gaylon's song she sang. Nicolle is from Kansas and a family member of a couple of the guys I hung out with in college at times. I'm excited to see her journey, and make sure you watch for how excited her little brother is... very touching!


Day Two of the 23 Days of Frugal Living: How to Develop the Frugal Living Habit
Today was about how humans are creatures of habit and the importance of making an effort towards change. And with frugal living that is to break away from consumer culture. One thing I have problems with is poor spending habits. The Challenge says that to break that you must seek the "minimum level" and scale down. Here are some of their ideas:
-Use less laundry detergent/soap/water/shampoo
-Don't blow dry your hair, wear make-up everyday
-Use homemade moisturizing soap instead of shaving cream
-Drink water
-Smaller portions of food/candy
-Buy off brands/in bulk
-Simple diet of real food
-Lower thermostat/watt bulbs/water heater
-Drive less
Obviously, some of these seem much easier than others. I'm working on drinking water instead of so much pop. The food seems easy to do as well. The soap and shaving cream, I would have to get used to the idea. Plus, I don't know how to do the water heater thing. I barely drive, unless it's to leave for the weekend, which is a pretty penny. But do I give up seeing friends and family? Hmmmm....

Little bit of happiness: Quiet day to myself to get things done around the house. Not to mention, one inservice day, 4 (maybe 3 depending on how the girls substate championship game is going) days with kids until SPRING BREAK!!
Daily quote: She turned her can'ts into cans and her dreams into plans. 
Cheers to Happiness,
Audra

No comments:

Post a Comment