Thursday, March 8, 2012

When You Least Expect It


Last night I had one of those OMG Homeowner Moments... I was doing laundry and all the water that was draining from the washer magically appeared in the tub in the bathroom and overflowed all over the floor. Talk about a confusing WTF moment too! Apparently, there had to be a clog somewhere that wasn't letting the water out, just up. So this afternoon I had a plumber come to the house. They had to take the toilet completely out to snake it and see what was going on. After finished the guy in charge come over and says, "Well I have the worst news that you would want to hear right now."
!?!Great!?!
There are roots that have made it through the pipes, and they are fixed "FOR NOW." Two hundred dollars worth of "for now." The only way to permentantly fix the situation is to take out the pipes and run entirely new ones. Once again, all I'm seeing is $$$$$ and @#!$&%&! in my head. However, somehow I manage to laugh it off and tell him, "Well there's another reason to move."
So basically, right now I'm not dealing with the issue and will just wait for the next time for 'ish' to hit the fan, hope not literally though. Makes for a good story at least, right?

Day 7 of the 23 Day Frugal Living Challenge: Clutter-Free Living
I know that having things organized, cleaned, and clutter-free allows you to have more time for enjoying life and reducing stress... it's just getting there that is what challenges me. In the interview on the blog today I was interested by how they say that a clutter-free and frugal living go together because you want less and shop less. I could use this! They said to start small and fill a box with stuff you don't need and donate it. Then celebrate, and repeat. Another great quote, "...there is some stuff that adds value to our lives, but most is a distraction." To prevent clutter: STOP BUYING THINGS! Implement a 30 day rule to any non-essential shopping. If you decide to buy something that you don’t need, wait 30 days and see if it still seems as important. (Great idea!)

Little bit of happiness: Today we had a half day of school because our girls made it to state, so I got to go back home to my parents'. Nothing like it! My parents have asked me for a while now when I would be coming home again, and I just didn't realize that I hadn't been there since Christmas! Glad to be home.
Daily quote: Don't let a bad day make you feel like you have a bad life.
Cheers to Happiness,
Audra

No comments:

Post a Comment