Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spiked Punch Volleyball

Today was our first day of Co-Ed Volleyball! It's a good thing we are just wanting to have a good time because I think we did more laughing than serious playing. Love it! Here's our t-shirt design :) ...


Day 3 of 23 Days of Frugal Living: Downsizing Your Home
Today's challenge started off discussing the burden of mortgage payments, ain't that the truth! Every month there goes 1/3 of my paycheck before it's even in my hand. The purposes of the day's challenge considering downsizing your home and encourage those facing the possibility of loosing their homes. The blog's writer shares their own personal story with these issues and the importance of making a backup plan to prepare for job loss (food storage, tools and supplies, alternative housing).
There are two types of people who have small homes: those forced to it by lack of resources and those who choose to for simple living and saving.
If you are considering downsize you will have to plan and do the following: compare rent or ownership expenses, energy and heating costs, and how you will manage water, sewage, and storage of your belongings.
At my own personal level there are not any choices to downsize where I live. My house has a guest room and a loft, but there still would not be room to move around with more than 2 other people living here. The cost weighs down on me just because I'm trying to pay off other expenses at the same time on just one teacher salary. I'm thankful that right now I do not have to seriously consider downsizing, plus I don't even want to think about leaving the house I love!

Little bit of happiness: This morning I attended church that some of my friends attend. It has probably been five years since I have stepped inside a church, and it was a lot harder and emotional than I thought it would be. Not bad feelings, completely the opposite. I really enjoyed the worship and the pastor, and plan to go back. I have a lot of work to do with my spiritual relationship, but I have never lost my beliefs or faith.
Daily quote: "I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you." -John 14:18
Cheers to Happiness,
Audra

No comments:

Post a Comment