Friday, March 16, 2012

My Child

Took my child to the vet again today... yes, my friends call her my kid so I figured I would embrace it. Especially since her doctors visits are more expensive than my own. Emerald is missing some fur on her back and the vet doesn't know what is going on yet. She got a steriod in the butt, and we will have to go back in a week for a check-up. I kid you not, she's my child. Here's a cute baby...


Now you know why I couldn't say no... and why I wouldn't be opposed to another :)

Day 15 of 23 Days of Frugal Living: Learn to Share and Barter
Not sure I agree with this old school idea, but here are some "good" and "bad" ideas:

GOOD:
1. Exchange time, not dollars
2. Volunteer for non-profit organization
3. Car pool
4. Share creative ideas on a blog
5. Donate items to charity you don't use
6. Swap party
7. Library card
8. Homemade gifts

BAD:
1. Share yard tools between neighbors
2. Community garden

I think those things would just create more confusion about who's is who's. Maybe that's selfish, I don't know. Why complicate something that is easier on your own?

Little bit of happiness: Rest and relaxation day to myself before getting back to society and work... started the Herbalife program, mowed the lawn, caught up on DVR shows, read, took the dog to the vet, got some more craft supplies, ingredients to make So Long's dip tomorrow, and stopped off at Hastings. Excited to see my friends tomorrow!
Daily quote: Maybe the best thing to do is stop figuring out where you're going and just enjoy where you're at.
Cheers to Happiness,
Audra

1 comment:

  1. Your daughter is beautiful. And YES, they are soooooo expensive. But what can you do? It's like having human children - if you wait til you can REALLY afford one, you'll be too old to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete