Sunday, March 11, 2012

This Means War

We went and saw This Means War tonight. It was super funny, and not as much as a chick flick as I thought it would be. And can't forget that Chelsea Handler is in it too!


This candy machine was in the lobby of the movie theater:


Toto, we're not in Southwest Kansas anymore! I've gotta get out more :)

Day 10 of the 23 Days of Frugal Living: How to Stop Spending Money to try and Impress Other People
Sadly, I'm guilty of this one too... I don't know if I would use the word "impress" though. More like trying to keep up with my friends that make twice as much as me AND have two incomes in the house... FYI it isn't possible to keep up :) Anyways, onto the blog...
An important thing to remember with trying to keep up with the "in" thing, is that by the next week it will be upgraded, so why waste the money in the first place? Instead of becoming a people follower try this:
1. Give freely of your time and energy.
2. Prioritze family.
3. Discover and develop your gifts.
4. Put off consumerism.
5. Speak encouraging words.
6. Find time to listen to others.
7. Inspire, not impress

Little bit of happiness: Getting out of Southwest Kansas allows me to have some of the small pleasures of life that I miss: a book store and Target. Yes, it's very sad. So I got a couple books at Barnes and Noble and new black and green "STUNNA" shades at Target. Do I need these things? Does it go with frugal spending and saving? No, no it doesn't. But does it make me happy, darn tootin'.... so there.
Daily quote: "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." -Will Smith
Cheers to Happiness,
Audra

No comments:

Post a Comment