Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Commit Your Life Daily


At tonight's Happiness is a Choice meeting at church we talked about the first way to choose happiness:

Commit your life daily to the purpose of glorying Jesus Christ.
- The first thing you should do each morning is thank God for another day to enjoy life.
- Pray that God will use us to bring glory to him by benefiting our fell man.
- Pray for self-control and forgiveness for our mistakes.
- We must be more tolerant of others.
- Finally, do not be so self-critical and love ourselves more.

I hope to keep these thoughts throughout the next week so I can make the choice of happiness.



Day 22: How have you changed the past 2 years?
 
Wow, this is a big one! In the last two years I have changed A LOT... it all started with graduating from Kansas State with my bachelors degree. After spending a long summer interviewing, I was hired as a fifth grade teacher in Spearville. So at the beginning of August it was time to move. However, there wasn't any place to rent so very quickly I became a homeowner. It was definitely different for me moving to a new place not knowing anyone and leaving my friends and family behind. It was rough for a while, especially as I went through some bad relationships. In the last 2 years, I would say the most important thing I have learned is that people who truly care about you will make time for you and the effort to be around even when it isn't the most convenient.

Little bit of happiness: During school we started the balloon popping! Also, church tonight was the definite highlight of the day.

Daily quote: "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." -Albus Dumbledore

Cheers to Happiness,

Audra

No comments:

Post a Comment