Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday

A little holiday humor...


In all seriousness, I am very thankful for what we Christains are celebrating today. Jesus died on the cross so we may live! He is risen. I am very excited about renewing and strengthening my relationship with Christ. I have recently started attending church again, for the right reason. Look below for my blog challenge, which is very fitting today.



Day 04: Your views on religion.

In the recent past my answer to this question might have been very different, and extremely bitter. However, here recently I have started to attend a Nazarene church that some of my friends attend. For being very unsure at first, I now see what church can really be like and the real reason for religion. They have a quote there that says, "It's not a religion, it's a relationship." So to me the institution of religion gives us churches to participate in fellowship. It gives you a place to find people with the same beliefs and someone to lean on in times of need. I believe in Jesus Christ and that's the only belief that really matters to me. I'm extremely open-minded and I know there are people out there just like me. I was lucky enough to have a friend reach out and invite me without pressure, and hopefully I will be comfortable doing the same.

Little bit of happiness: Other than being Easter Sunday, it is also relaxation Sunday. After trying to mow the jungle of my backyard, I painted my nails a new spring color called "Butterfly kisses."
Daily quote: Put God first and you'll never be last.
Cheers to Happiness,
Audra

No comments:

Post a Comment