Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Happiness is a Choice

Tonight I went with a friend to Wednesday night church for a women's study called Happiness is a Choice. And wow, does this ever fit in my life right now! It's based off of a book that we will be getting our messages out of.... so I will be getting to count this as my book club too!



Anyways, I am so excited about getting into this book and the Word for the next 7 weeks. Here are my highlights for tonight's introduction that I would like to share:
- We are all on a journey, just at different stages.
- We tend to seek happiness and joy in all the wrong places.
- Our biggest problem is regressed anger against ourselves, others, and God.
- It is human will to have the ability to choose which is new health producing behaviors and attitudes.
- Love, be loved, served in love.
- We have 3 basic needs: self-worth, intimacy with others, and intimacy with God.
- The process of this book is turning when we say that we can't do something into won't do something because we must be honest with ourselves.
- To know Jesus as your Savior we must believe that he.... is the Son of God, died on the cross the sins of the world, rose from the grave and victorious after death, and have a personal relationship with him.
- Happiness is a choice, as well as salvation.
- Believe appears 115 times in the Bible as a condition for salvation.
- Belief is realizing that Christ died our sins and trusting him to save us!
- Being passive is the same as rejection.



As you can see tonight was filled with amazing stuff that I can't wait to get back and get some more of! I want to make happiness my choice.





Day 14: Your earliest memory. 

My earliest memory was probably when I was 4 or 5, because my brother was able to walk. We were with my mom and JCPenney's. I was trying on a swimsuit when mom realized that Eli had weaseled out of the stroller and ran off. I think he was just 2 so he was just a little guy wondering on his own. Of course, they did an all call in the store. I was confused about why mom was so freaked out and cried when some lady came walking up with the runaway kid. But hey, we'll take him back.

Little bit of happiness: The highlight of my day was definitely the Wednesday night church group. I am looking forward to going back every week for at least the next 7 weeks! It feels great to get back into fellowship.
Daily quote: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Cheers to Happiness,
Audra

No comments:

Post a Comment