Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happiness Depends on You

On Monday I finished up another canvas project for the Oasis Room in progress. It probably is my favorite project thus far. It was also pretty easy as well! Here's the step-by-step of how I made it:


Uppercase Living Letters
Canvas
Zots
Scrapbook paper
Felt flowers
Acrylic paint and brush
(I didn't use the modge podge-it didn't go so well)


Paint the canvas. Make sure the outside edges are thoroughly covered.



Adhere the scrapbook paper with the Zots, more is better so it lays flat.



Apply the lettering in desired spot.



Using Zots, place felt flowers in place and it's finished!


Day 08: A moment when you felt the most satisfied with your life.
The last couple years have been the highest and lowest points all at the same time. It all started when I graduated from K-State and my great-grandmother was able to be there to watch me walk across the stage. After a whole summer of interviewing, I landed my first big kid job. It was rough at first because I didn't have friends yet and felt so alone. Now, I appreciate the independence that I have found for myself in being a homeowner. I also have a great group of friends out here that I know will always be a part of my life where ever life takes us. They have amazing kids that has really helped me to understand unconditional love and what I want out of life. I'm reaching my second year of teaching and feel like I am still trying to better myself for the sake of my students. I am getting ready to start my Master's Degree as well as looking into foster care. Although I don't have a man in my life yet, like I had always thought I would, I still hope that time will come. I'm very satisfied with my life right now, and maybe this will be a good post to look back to on my rough days. Life is good.

Little bit of happiness: With the help of a friend we got two more of the Uppercase Living letters finished! One large one on the wall upstairs and another on a mirror. Also, the extra large bean bag chair arrived today. Now I just have to put it together. The Oasis Room is coming together and I hope to make major progress this weekend after clearing out the storage. YAY!!

Daily quote: As long as you feel inspired your life is being well spent.

Cheers to Happiness,
Audra

No comments:

Post a Comment